Personal Data notice
This notice provides guidance on VOLVO’s processing of your personal data.
Identity and contact details of the controller and data protection officer
AB Volvo, (company registration no. 556012-5790), (“VOLVO”) is the controller of the personal data that VOLVO obtains from you and thus responsible for the processing of such personal data under applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Contact details VOLVO: AB Volvo, 40508 Gothenburg, +46 31 66 00 00.
What categories of personal data will VOLVO obtain?
VOLVO will process the following categories of personal data:
- Volvo obtains data for the contact form - The information gathered is Area of interest, Name, E-mail address, Address, City and Postal code.
- Volvo also gather data for the P2P form - The information gathered is Type of issue, Copy of deduction, Open item list, Payment reminder, Payment specification, Viewing Vendor Invoices - VVI, Returned invoice, Update of Supplier details, Name, E-mail address, Phone number and Supplier company name
- Volvo also gather information for the Cision subscription form - E-mail address is stored at Cision
- Further we have an Innovation summit form - Where we store data so we know who is going to attend to the event.
Legal basis and purposes of the processing
VOLVO will process your personal data based on fulfilling an agreement with you and legitimate interest.
VOLVO will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Data is asked for in order for Volvo to be able to answer incoming questions.
- Data is gathered in order to be able to help the supplier
- E-mail address for Cision subscription form is stored in order to be able to send out pressreleases when these are published on the website.
- To be able to invite the person to the Innovation summit and send relevant information.
How will VOLVO share your personal data?
The data is shared within Volvo and to third party services providers in order to be able to answer the request or help with the service.
Will your personal data be transferred outside EU/EEA?
VOLVO may transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. If your personal data is transferred to a country that has not been deemed to have an adequate level of protection for personal data VOLVO will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place to ensure such protection. This could e.g. be achieved by using standard data protection clauses.
For more information about the safeguards used in relation to your personal data and how you may obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact the VOLVO data protection officer, group; groupinfo [at] volvo [dot] com
In addition (if data is collected in the United States), we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the website, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
For how long will VOLVO keep your personal data?
Personal Data will be stored by VOLVO until response has been sent or as long as Volvo think it is necessary in order to provide a service.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request from VOLVO access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, restriction of the processing of your personal data or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding VOLVO’s processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority. For more information about these rights and how to exercise them, please contact the VOLVO.
Deviations shall be approved on the same level of authority as when the document was originally approved.
The original language of Volvo Group policies, directives and guidelines is English. If translated into other languages, the English version is decisive, unless otherwise stipulated by applicable national law.
This document shall be subject to review at least once in every two years.
The supporting documents to this document are the General Directive regarding Personal Data, DIR 001-[●], the Directive Regarding Personal Data in HR, DIR 001-[●], the Directive regarding Personal Data created or derived from Products and Services, DIR 001-[●], the Directive regarding Personal Data relating to Customers, Suppliers and other Business Partners, DIR 001-[●], the Guideline – Consent Checklist, GUI 002-[●], the Guideline – Consent Fact Sheet, GUI 002-[●], and the Guideline – Sample Notice and Consent Form, GUI 002-[●].