Co-op: Paint Technical Engineer (Spring 2020)
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with engineering professionals. Co-op’s participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This co-op provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Engineering professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and the Volvo New River Valley Plant.
This role will start in January 13, 2020 and run through May 8, 2020 as a part time co-op position with a target of 40 hours per week.
- The position will work with paint operations and the paint technical team to improve techniques and processes
- The position will help develop process controls at each station, collect data and help optimize manufacturing practices
- The position will give the student opportunities to learn and apply lean manufacturing principals within the Paint Department
The student may need to create MS Power Point presentations for communication of new project ideas and reports.
Minimum Education and Program Requirements
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Robotic paint experience / knowledge is a plus but not required
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of MS Excel and statistical analysis calculations
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from their University/College for their co-op period.
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.