Intern: Engineering - Certification (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Vehicle Certification and Compliance Team as Intern: Engineering-Certification. The student should be prepared to learn and work with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). The FMVSS registry serves as the core legal depository for automotive safety requirements in the United States. As a valued member of the FVV Certification team within GTT, the student will support vehicle regulatory compliance for domestic and international markets. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to FVV PMO Group Manager.
- Assist the team by conducting regulatory investigations for new product offerings
- Collaborate with design and test engineers in the early stages of product development to ensure compliance ready designs
- Support smaller scale process and IT integration projects
- Assist in process gap analysis and lead process improvement projects supporting improved compliance methodologies.
- Interact with regulatory offices inside Volvo Trucks to help homologate North American products in export markets=
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.