Co-op: Platform Architect (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Product and Platform Architects as Platform Architect Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Project Management & Vehicle Architecture Department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Project Support Group Manager.
The Platform Architect Co-op will create a critical application (Tractor + trailer equipment) portfolio for our North America market, in coordination with Product Architect.
- Investigate and document critical application characteristics
- Research missing information for dimensions, weight, and bridge formula for North America (United States, Canada, and Mexico)
- Calculate overall dimensions for truck and trailer combinations for specific applications
- The candidate may work with Catia/Pro-E CAD system to visualize solutions and generate dimensional documentation.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Spring Co-ops work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a cumulative minimum GPA 3.0
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Project)
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.