Intern: Electrical Engineering (Spring 2020)
Intern – Electrical Engineering (Summer 2019)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Wiring/Packaging Group as an Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of electrical engineering. As a valued member of the Wiring/Packaging Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with packaging and harness design. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager Wiring (Bridge Plan).
- Wiring/Packaging Engineering Intern is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families.
- Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing.
- Other areas include, harness cost analysis, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Eagerness to Learn
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.