Business Unit Manager
- Provide leadership to the unit and coordinate Business Unit priorities with the Support Department Leaders
- Align and motivate support department function and issues into the business unit, support department representatives assigned to the business unit will maintain indirect reporting relationships to the Business Unit Manager; The Manager will be responsible for providing input of the these representatives’ annual performance appraisals.
- Maintain current working knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and Volvo corporate environmental requirements, as it relates to the NRV factory and its operations. To assure all direct reports have been trained initially and receive regularly scheduled refresher courses as outlined in the ISO-14001 training matrix; To assure manager and advisors act in accordance to the environmental policies and including, but not limited to, the RCRA-Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, CAA – Clean Air Act, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, US-DOT Department of Transportation, and the OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER requirements
- For the Emergency Coordinator and Alternate Emergency Coordinator identified in the Contingency Plan, be prepared to perform the duties of the RCRA Emergency Coordinator during an environmental emergency
- Institutionalize (a way of life) the total quality philosophy by creating an environment where all employees have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the enterprise and the security of their future
- Utilize the “Kaizen” approach to continuous improvement of Quality, Delivery, and Cost by implementing effective measurement systems for monitoring progress
- Work jointly with UAW officials to achieve an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect by sharing each other’s concerns
- Learn, teach and implement lean manufacturing concepts as visual factory, total preventative maintenance, continuous flow manufacturing and continuous improvements by elimination of waste while striving for ISO 9000/QS 9000 and world class manufacturing
- Provide the link to drive daily management to the shop floor in line with strategic objectives of the company
- Align and lead the development of Leaders, Advisors, and Team Leaders by demonstrating and instructing new skills and roles necessary to function in a Total Quality environment developing high performing teams
- Monitor all measurement systems to maintain a balanced focus on Quality, Delivery, Cost and People Concerns
- 3 shift continuous operation for paint, upwards of 350 employees
- Technical competence to lead and develop new processes with paint technology and trouble shoot
- Implement a world class cutting edge technology with Bell system technology offering a wet on wet application
- Introducing a new paint shop supporting 2 brands and being the North Amerca Paint Shop for the VOLVO Group
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Eight (8) years of related experience with educational requirements
- Ten (10) years of related experience as department manager in a lean production facility without educational requirements
- Knowledge of Volvo product/manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and Techniques
- Capability of Microsoft working within Microsoft Office
- Must have knowledge of pull technology, total quality cultural environment and continuous improvement methods by waste elimination
- SPC – Statistical Process Control
- Leadership Training – Covey or equal
- Team Dynamics
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.