Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
This position will provide environmental, health and safety support to multi-site operations and will partner with management with management to establish and maintain programs to ensure compliance with corporate, federal, state regulatory requirements as well as an injury/illness free culture.
The position is responsible for establishing a culture of safety and promoting awareness of the environmental, health, and safety programs through the coordination, creation and implementation of training programs and company -wide communications.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Develop programs to re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Accountable for researching, writing and updating Company EH&S policies and procedures, SOPs, permit applications and certifications and will be the main point of contact for EH&S agencies for compliance matters.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct employee EH&S orientations, Cal/OSHA, EPA, corporate, federal, state or local government mandatory training.
- Provide industry specific EH&S assistance and support to the Company and build effective relationships with the department management and the corporate network to ensure consistency of systems.
- Maintain and update safety policies to ensure safe work practices and equipment and incorporate policies in the training programs.
- Conduct EH&S risk, policy and procedure gap analysis;
- Perform EH&S assessments and audits, assist with corrective action plans and monitor progress for closure of identified actions or environment violations.
- Create reports for management review to provide overview of effectiveness and risks of EHS programs.
- Establish program procedures to conduct and analyze trends for root cause of accidents, near misses and injuries, with the goal to preventing or eliminate potential hazards and re-occurrences.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate and audit the compliance of deficiencies captured on internal EH&S inspection logs with Department Managers.
- Maintain accurate records of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual safety inspections, EH&S logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and update as necessary IIPP, HIPP, Emergency Response Plans and monitor site CERS, EH&S Procedures.
- Participate in equipment training, installation and or set-up to capture specific design elements that may impact safety, health, ergonomic and environmental training programs.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety role. Note: Alternatives may be accepted: Bachelor’s degree in EH&S related field + 2 yrs. experience, or Associates Degree in EH&S related field + 4 yrs. Experience.
- ASP or CSP certification highly desired.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including Cal/OSHA, Cal/EPA, DOT and nationally recognized EH&S standards and guidelines as required by the position.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Work, and PowerPoint).
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal skills
- Frequent and routine travel.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and occasional stooping, bending, and overhead reaching.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs.
- Will work in a noisy, and dusty environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and may need to climb up heavy equipment and use a small step ladder
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.