Driver Development Manager
Role/Purpose of Job
To Develop, Implement and Deliver driver development programmes in line with the GTA & JVs Commercial offer throughout the regions ensuring customers fully experience the features and benefits of our products.
Develop driver development program
- Understand the market and customer needs to develop a multi-tiered driver development programme that will address the driver training needs of different customer groups.
- Develop driver-training packages that can be offered by the markets to customers to address their various driver-training needs in line with the GTA&JV’s Commercial Offers.
- Create a driver development program that is industry leading, relevant and beneficial to our customers
- Create a strong relationship with other driver development networks both within and outside Volvo Group to ensure GTA & JVs Sales Driver Development is best in class
- Develop new components that can be incorporated within driver training portfolio based on internal or external requirements
- Develop and implement suitable Driver Development Training packages for all new product introductions and feature updates.
- Map, coach & develop a training network within GTA & JVs Sales regions promoting a teamwork culture.
- Assist regions with recruitment of driver trainers.
- Prepare and deliver a Driver Skill assessment and certification programme.
- Maintain a high skill level through the network through regular trainings and updates.
- Implement a driver development “train the trainer” program through a planned delivery schedule and with consistent content and delivery standard.
- Monitor and guide driver trainers & SME’s in implementation of the driver development programs in their own regions / markets.
- Provide specialist support to driver training programmes in markets for key customers.
- Utilize telematics and other driver follow up tools for driver training and encourage their use.
- Support market companies / importers to lobby with government, industry groups and customers to engage in minimum level of driver standards or to establish driver training schools.
- Be involved in new product launch / promotion events to present the driver comfort and benefits.
- Support the Extra Mile Challenge event at Central level and also at market level.
- Provide inputs from driving expertise point of view to various internal departments like product development, service sales and others.
- Input driver demands into new product project as requested.
- Integrity and ethics, in line with the Volvo Way
- Strategic thinking with holistic view
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience as a truck driver or equivalent
- Passion for competence development and coaching
- Good understanding of the business and environment with ability to convey the business needs into actions
- Experience from working in and with management teams
- Good at networking – internal and external
- Team building and development
- Performance management to the team members and the output of the team
- Knowledge and experience in competence management
- Fully proficient and confident in presentation skills
- Result and action orientation to meet business target
- Able to adapt quickly to different environments and audience
- Excellent skills in English language, verbal and written
- Fully proficient in MS Office applications
Acerca de nosotros
At Group Trucks Asia & Joint Ventures (GTA & JVs) which is headquartered in Singapore, our main objective is to seize the opportunity for profitable growth in Asia and emerging markets. We capture this growth by establishing a separate value chain with a competitive cost structure for our UD value truck offer and by leveraging synergies with our JV partners in Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles Co. Ltd (DFCV) and VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd (VECV).
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.