Product Manager – New Product
Nova Bus, a member of the Volvo Group, is currently seeking an Product Manager – New Product, an important position in our Engineering department.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
The role of the Product Manager of New Product involves overseeing strategic activity surrounding the development of the electric vehicle. The manager is responsible for ensuring coherence and the execution of the Nova Bus product plan in consideration of market trends
- Study, analyze, and synthesize market needs and attend customer meetings and technical meetings with various industry association members.
- Oversee the determination of vehicle performance requirements and coordinate the governance of requirement retention in preparation for transfer to a database for call for tenders analysis.
- Put forth strategies and detailed product plans, including milestones and activities, for the electric vehicle as a whole.
- Assist in completing development projects for the assigned product.
- Develop and implement the plan for soft offers, mainly charging stations; identify and secure required internal and external resources.
- Develop information necessary for marketing purposes.
- Oversee the integration of telematics to the new product in cooperation with the LFS product manager, based on company orientations regarding the telematics strategy (inspired by Volvo solutions).
- Direct the sales support team regarding the product offering.
- In cooperation with the vehicle architect, keep the system features plan up to date.
- Take part in the development of R&D budgets.
- Remain on the lookout for advanced technologies, assess their relevance for Nova Bus, and submit proposals for advanced engineering (AE) projects.
- Determine the standard product line offering.
- Attend technical meetings with various industry association members.
- The technical challenges of a major project
- Competitive salary and benefits
- World-renowned company known for the quality of its products
- Innovative, future-focused team
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- Member of Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Project management training or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience, including at least 5 in product management and/or sales support
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or institutional contractor fields
- Experience in the heavy-duty vehicle and transportation industries preferred
- Knowledge of the North American transit bus market, an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Outgoing with strong communication skills
- Comprehensive vision and analytical mind
- Efficient, diligent project management
- Independence and resourcefulness
- Availability to travel (3 days/month)
Succeeding in this role requires
- A deliberate customer approach focused on understanding needs
- The ability to convey market requirements to the engineering group
- Excellent knowledge of our product and competing products
- The ability to identify and demonstrate our competitive advantages
- A constructive approach and teamwork
- The ability to make information accessible and communicate effectively
- Information integrity and accuracy
Submit your resume at email@example.com
Apply directly online using the link below
To see the many career opportunities we offer, visit www.novabus.com
Nova Bus: bring life to your city
Performance | Trust | Customer success | Change | Passion
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.