Logistics Analyst-2nd Shift
At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Are you ready for a meaningful challenge, have a passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for our Logistics Analyst position. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference.
Under general supervision, responsible for securing parts for deficient trucks in the Final department. Administers materials and finished products by coordinating the involved activities such as: material supply, inventory control, software programs related to material handling. Monitor, research and identify supply chain flows and issues in order to prevent failures, resolve and correct issues, and provide an on-going platform to support improvements of in stock levels and part availability to Final. Utilize computer systems and software in order to research, analyze and document deficiencies and trends in the supply chain in order to improve overall supply chain effectiveness. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree and two to five years of experience. Reports to the Material Handling Business Team Lead.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Lead and manage part deficiency planning.
- Assist in planning, organizing and supervision of the organization’s supply chain, including procurement, inventory management, production, logistics, and distribution of goods.
- Utilize software programs to maintain accurate part deficiency information and publish reports.
- Communicate with material control to ensure accurate information is documented and updated in all relevant software programs.
- Places needed request for material through exception process to secure needed inventory for deficient trucks.
- Coordinates with paint department by supplying all required information and scheduling parts for paint repair.
- Directs BC workforce to secure parts for internal customer of Final.
- Gathers data on parts that were secured and communicates this information through software programs, radio calls and meetings.
- Develop analytics, systems, and data management capabilities along the supply chain.
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities including but not limited to production management, material control and operations.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and clarify management objectives relating to supply chain function.
- Be involved in operations planning process including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations in order to grow the business
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, business management, business administration or related discipline preferred.
- 2-5 years of direct operations management/supply chain management experience preferred
- Analysis experience in which key findings have been translated into plans/strategies to support business needs.
- Experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring others.
- Advanced Excel skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving proficiency with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is in a mixture of office and floor settings. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common as well as on the floor directing the workforce is required at times.Occasional walking of distance to verify information and attend meetings is required.
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.