Intern: Health & Safety (Summer 2019)
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Safety and Environmental roles. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced professionals.
- Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the HSE standards along with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures within the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Management Systems
- Assists in monitoring hazards that may be present in the work area
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace
- Works with Ergonomics Team to develop and implement solutions to workplace ergonomic concerns
- Participates in recommending improvement in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Participates in employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs
- Assists in maintenance of training records, required inspections and data collection and input for environmental reporting
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety & Environmental Health or related field at an accredited school and completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Must have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours prior to the start of the internship
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.