Hardware Electrical and Electronics Engineer
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about Driver related electronic devices such as instrument clusters, body comfort systems, cameras, secondary information displays and also connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Driver Electronics and Vehicle connectivity (DEVC) we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with implementing HMI for Instrument clusters and entertainment systems and also end-to-end functions like passive entry passive start, Entertain truck operator, Driver Coaching, I-See, Remote SW Download, Geofencing and much more.
The development in the area of driver electronics and vehicle connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for Component owners, knowledgeable in both hardware and software, that can be a part of driving and develop our next generation of Driver related functions and electronic devices.
Mission and Context
- Secure the development and maintenance our in-house (GOT) developed SW
- Participate and possibly lead feasibility studies in the Driver electronics area
- Secure the delivery of the software and HW fulfilling agreed Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature (QDCF) targets
- Continuously support the coworkers in the team to deliver according to committed deliveries and to achieve the objectives in our roadmap
- Ensure that the driver electronics solutions, products and projects are developed and delivered in an optimal way
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- Secure that the VTNA Driver electronics software is developed in line with local market demands
- Secure that the local demands for North America and Australia will be contemplated by the development center in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Participate in relevant concept selections, investigations and Demos providing prototype SW/HW for it
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Be the local point of contact and knowledge for driver electronics devices such as (IC, Body comfort modules, camera monitoring systems)
- Lead Quality tools implementation such as DFMEA, APQP and PAA (Product application agreement)
- Release, document and control configurations for the specific functions of the given HW through SW parameters
- Elaborate, communicate and secure the implementation of cross function aligned component level time-plans
- Support the field test team and Integration team by providing knowledge, information and all the necessary means for the testing activities
- Regular communication to the team on architecture, strategies & roadmaps
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent engineering. (Master’s is a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of experience from HW/SW development in truck or car industry within the area of Driver electronics (Instrument Cluster, Entertainment systems, Body comfort modules, camera monitoring systems)
- APQP, Quality tools and Quality mindset is an asset
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM and KANBAN is also an asset
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Be passionate about learning
- Learning on-the-fly
- Ownership and accountability
- Leadership competencies: customer focus, decision quality, instills trust, demonstrates self-awareness, action orientated
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.