OEM Sales Account Manager
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Responsible for development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of individual National Account/OEM Plans, designed to assure optimum Volvo Penta Marine Leisure Market share objectives at contracted and potential leisure diesel/gas OEMs.
- Use industry market research and internal sales data to monitor OEMs with which our future will be built. Prioritize efforts on recruitment, retention, support and increasing market share. Identify and capitalize on new opportunities in an ever-changing landscape.
- Develop and execute specific account-by-account growth plans designed to increase Volvo Penta market share at key OEMs.
- Develop and adhere to call frequency plan to achieve individual OEM sales goals.
- Coordinate all order-bank activities and accessory ordering with Chesapeake based Engine Account Specialists.
- Assure that Volvo Penta is competitively positioned and favorably represented in the OEM’s Dealers’ Price lists and OEM Company literature.
- Aggressively take ownership of any OEM problem and bring to satisfactory resolution.
- Ensure North American unit sales goals are met monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Obtain regular OEM forecast and provide timely input into Volvo Penta forecast system.
- Interact with VP Dealers and RSM managers to develop Conquest accounts.
- Coordinate and facilitate dealer meeting events.
- Actively take a role in working with Application engineers to ensure new models integrate with Volvo Penta Power.
- Consultative OEM selling skills/Tenacious problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentations skills, with demonstrated experience making formal presentations to both medium and large groups.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Thorough working knowledge of statistical surveys and other market data, source, make-up and selection.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted initiatives in conjunction with day-to-day activities with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of marine industry, engine sales and inventory.
- Outstanding customer service skills. Focused on proactively addressing and demonstrating ability to meet customer needs. Demonstrated sense of urgency in resolving customer problems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years OEM sales experience.
- Diesel marine experience particularly in leisure boat business, a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience retail/wholesale distribution in the marine industry or manufacturer-to-dealer direct industries.
- Minimum two 2 years’ experience in sales and marketing preferred.
- Customer Relations Management (CRM).
Volvo Penta Region Americas offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V This is standard for all job descriptions; it should not be deleted or altered.
Acerca de nosotros
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.