Co-op: Lean Business Developer (Spring 2021)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Chicago Distribution Center as Co-op: Lean Business Developer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of logistics operations. As a valued member of the Chicago Distribution Center within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly to improve internal processes within the DC via structuring ways to collect, process and analyze data to support the operation. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Chicago Distribution Center Manager.
- Develop ways to extract information from current systems to support operational decisions
- Optimize and develop the MS ACCESS database
- Create and optimize MS EXCEL templates supporting the operational needs
- Support with process data analysis
- Communicate with different stakeholders to support the implementations.
- Work together with the operation to Implement Ideas
- Work with Lean Manufacturing concepts such as 5S, Standardized Work, Visual Management, PDCA, among others.
- Support the Continuous Improvement Program within the Distribution Center.
- Fully proficient in MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL including VBA
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced supervisors, operators, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
Acerca de nosotros
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.