The HR Payroll Representative will apply extensive payroll knowledge to accurately process company payrolls and provide exceptional service to our business partners and employees.
- Process assigned company payrolls according to their schedule and union agreements (where applicable)
- Respond to business partner and employee communications in a timely manner using multiple platforms
- Maintain/update work instructions as needed
- Support Payroll team members by cross-training and providing technical assistance
- Communicate with internal teams as needed for record keeping, funding and research items
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and communicate observations to the Payroll Manager and team
- Manage payroll report retention for assigned payrolls
- Participate with project teams through actions such as analysis, testing and implementation
- Perform other duties as needed
Must possess strong knowledge of payroll processing including:
- Paycheck calculations
- Retirement contributions
- Pretax benefit deductions
- Taxation principles including multi-state and local taxation
- Garnishment/wage attachments
- Time clock files/imports
- Report writing
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- ADP Enterprise & Ultipro web base strongly preferred
- Experience with Union employee payroll a plus
- Experience with Expatriate payroll a plus
- Ability and desire to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ability to answer incoming questions and resolve cases with accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and communicate those effectively
- Ability to communicate with customers using technology and across different medias
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers (i.e., other departments and 3rd party vendors)
- Ability to take ownership and resolve challenging situations with good judgment to know when to appropriately escalate matters as needed
- Ability to work on a range of Microsoft office software programs, especially with Excel
- Ability to perform work accurately and independently
- Ability to consistently gain the confidence and respect of others
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and credibility
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to understand and explain complex policies and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3+ years of high volume payroll processing experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a position where the responsibilities included significant conflict and problem resolution experience required
Acerca de nosotros
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.