Co-op: Mechanical/Systems Engineering (Fall 2020)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our New Product Development team as a Mechanical/Systems engineering co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and new product development. As a valued member of the New Products team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering staff. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to an Engineering Manager within the New Products department.
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best
course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinates activities with other departments within the Company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Project management activities
- Complete simulation on Powertrain systems Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and reporting Issues written and oral reports Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Create spreadsheets and flow charts in support of staff projects
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Looking for a student with good programming skills and experience
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Attention to detail: Analysis of large amounts of data and drawing conclusions.
- Incorporation of recommendations into engineering reports
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science (or other related degree), at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Strong communication skills
- Programming skill and experience in C, C++, C#, .NET, Matlab/Simulink preferred Microsoft Applications: Visual Studio and Office Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Integrity and Trust
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.