Co-op: Vehicle Features – Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Vehicle Features group as co-op on Mechanical Engineering. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Features, Verification and Validation within GTT (prototype area), the student will have the opportunity to work directly with different engineering areas. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Vehicle Features Group Manager.
- With proper training from test engineers and technicians, learn to perform sensor installations, cable wiring and instrumentation hook-up.
- Support data acquisition hardware installation and system configuration, as well as trouble shooting for project Accelerated Endurance Test and Field Test vehicle data logging.
- Support data reduction and post digital signal process for data analysis.
- Document calibration and measurement details for engineering report writing.
- Collaborate with other working groups on common goals.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering (Master student preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy problem solving. Strong motivation to learn about and to work with trucks will be a plus.
- An aptitude for Mechanical Measurement, Analysis and/or testing is a plus
- Engineering mechanics with emphasize on strength of material (stress analysis), fatigue theory & material failure mechanism. Classes taken & lab work on structure dynamics and vibration are also helpful.
- Experimental lab experience with basic understanding on principle of instrumentation and sensors. Basic knowledge on strain gages, whetstone bridge and strain gage based transducers.
- Good computer skills on programming & numerical method for engineering calculations, interest in digital data processing, including MatLab/Python.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.