Director Purchasing Volvo Penta of the Americas
The Director Purchasing reports to the Vice President Purchasing and will be part of the Purchasing management team as well as the management team of Volvo Penta of the Americas.
As Director you will have the following key responsibilities.
- Lead the Purchasing department in Volvo Penta of the Americas and represent Purchasing in the region Americas management team. Responsibility to manage the budget and the results of the team.
- Manage a team of Buyers, Project and Segment managers as well as Supplier Quality Engineers. Further develop the people and the team, to bring the best out of the team and ensure Volvo Penta Purchasing is a good workplace.
- Strategic sourcing and Supplier Management. Maintaining and improving existing supplier relations as well as developing the future strategies together with the Segment managers.
- QDCF-TSR. Find or develop suppliers to match the Volvo Penta purchasing strategy. Manage quality, capacity and cost both short term and long term. Also strive to find suppliers that can match the requirements on technology and features as well as sustainability and risk.
- Member of the Purchasing Management Team, that develops the strategic work for Volvo Penta Purchasing and has the mission to ensure that Volvo Penta has the best possible supplier base.
We are looking for someone with great leadership skills and a mindset that nothing is impossible and that wants to be an active player in building a stronger Global Volvo Penta Purchasing. A strategic mindset and capability is necessary to drive and communicate strategic global questions.
To qualify for this role, we want you to have experience from:
- Global Purchasing. You are an experienced Purchasing professional
- Leading negotiations. You have a strong negotiating ability. You enjoy negotiating and always strive to reach the best possible agreement.
- Quality Good knowledge about supplier quality work and to drive quality improvement of suppliers.
- Leadership. You have experience from leading teams. You have a positive spirit and a holistic view. It is important to be able and interested in supporting and developing the complete team, in everything from project to quality and commercial questions.
- Collaboration and networking. You have excellent relationship- and interpersonal skills and realize the importance of building relationships both internally and with our suppliers.
- Decision making. You gather necessary information before deciding and are comfortable to manage tough decisions when required. You combine this with strong integrity.
- Technology and quality. Interest and competence to understand technical requirements as well as the technical capability of suppliers.
- We believe you have a University degree as the basis for your career and you are fluent in English.
Acerca de nosotros
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.