Intern: Credit (Summer 2020)
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the captive finance company for the Volvo Group and its customers and dealers. Our services are important to the Group in terms of customer satisfaction, growth, competitive advantage and product affordability. We offer leasing, installment financing, insurance solutions, rentals, repair and maintenance contracts, dealer financing and many other services, depending on the market. Our team of about 1600 professionals manages approximately SEK 100 billion of assets, and our employees are located in about 40 countries. Working at VFS is both exciting and challenging since we get to work closely with each Business Entity of the Volvo Group. Please read more about us at our homepage.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Financial Services (VFS) by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to them and Volvo Financial Services (VFS).
- Assist in improvements/redesign of the Credit Reporting Package
- Collaborate with other departments and review possibility of streamlining certain processes
- Use knowledge of Credit process to help create test script to test Credit Scorecard/auto-decisioning process
- Any other duties and projects, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
To be considered for this internship, applicants:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or similar and in school full-time.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communications skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Expert level in Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics is preferred
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional languages a plus
We maintain a drug –free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States (no sponsorship is offered for this internship)
Acerca de nosotros
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se enviará un correo electrónico de confirmación tan pronto como envíes tu postulación. Después de esto, aún podrás actualizar tu perfil personal.
Si eres seleccionado para una entrevista, te contactaremos para darte mayor información sobre los siguientes pasos del proceso: segunda entrevista, evaluaciones y referencias.
Todos los candidatos serán notificados cuando se seleccione un candidato final para el puesto de trabajo. Puedes elegir que mantengamos tu currículum en nuestra base de datos y activemos un agente de búsqueda que busque otros trabajos que coincidan con tu perfil.
Cuando comiences en tu nuevo puesto de trabajo, recibirás una inducción para ayudarte a formar parte del equipo y comenzar a trabajar con tus tareas de la mejor manera posible.